Re: Zoom X3 Modem problems

Hi,

> > We have a zoom x3 adsl modem on a 2mb adsl line, but it seems really > unreliable, every so often(maybe once or twice a day) it seems to stop > working. This can normally be fixed by going to the control panel and > resetting it, but sometime it seems to totally lock up so you can't > access > it by http and have to turn it off and on again. I don't think this is > an > isp(plus.net) problem as resetting the modem always seems to fix the > problem). > > Does anyone know of any solutions or better firmware(the firmware > version > is:032002REL9D-g and the showtime firmware version is:2.33a) for this > modem? > > Cheers > > Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I have the same Zoom ADSL X3 modem, with exactly the same firmware revision. I've also signed up to Plus Net, and have had exactly the same problems as you.

The only difference is, that I have on occasion been able to stop the constant disconnects. I have a linux gateway server, and seemed to start having problems after turning on the half-bridge.

At one point this evening, it was disconnecting every 2 minutes (almost exactly). I've tried the connection with other hardware, and it's fine, so that would lead me to believe that the the Zoom is at fault.

So far, my connection has been back up for around 45 min, so here's hoping!

Hope you get your problem solved... think I'll be swapping for a Linksys.

Cheers,

Rich.

Reply to
rig69
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.