Follow ques. on RJ45 jack to use

I had a question regarding connecting the raw ends of the ethernet CAT cable. Now it seems there are two kinds(solid and stranded). I cannot figure out from the cable which one it is. Does the type of RJ45 matter. I read up somewhere that I need to buy the right one depending on solid or stranded.

So in a structured wiring scenario(home), what kind of cable is used. What kind of RJ45 jack should I buy? This is what I see on the wire CAT5 350MHz 4PR 24 E175106 (UL) CM OR C(UL).

Please help.

Reply to
bvkiran
Loading thread data ...

Just strip a bit of 1 conductor and see for yourself. Generally, solid is used to make runs throughout the building and stranded is used for the cable that runs from the outlet to the PC. Stranded is much more pliable, allowing it to bend more easily w/o breaking. Stranded is more expensive and not typically found in a Home Depot or Lowes.

Reply to
Tim R.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.