DSL-300T configuration problems

I use a Mac G4. I bought a DSL-300T modem which works just fine with built in ethernet and using DHCP I have also connected a DI-624 router which allows me to feed a G3 in the next room via a DWL-122 wireless adapter and an old Mac 1400 notebook using an Orinoco Gold card. Orinoco is the original producer of Apple's airport cards.

This is a very simple solution (and inexpensive as the only new unit I bought was the modem, I have 4 other modems all usb)however I did have some problems doing the configuration as the documentation which comes with each unit could be improved. The 624 can feed a number of adapters.

Reply to
solinus
Loading thread data ...

I recently purchased a D-Link DSL-300T modem/router to connect a small LAN to the Internet. I have been allocated a group of 8 IP addresses which are routed/NATted by a PC. If I configure the DSL-300T in PPPoA mode and telnet in to it to correct the routing table, this mostly works, but I am consistently unable to connect to certain hosts on the Internet. Unfortunately the modem/router does not have sufficient diagnostic tools for me to work out what it is doing with packets sent to or from these hosts.

So, if you have used the DSL-300T in this sort of configuration, I would be very interested to know how you avoided or fixed this problem.

As an alternative, I thought it might be possible to put the modem/ router in bridging mode and run a PPPoE client on the PC, giving me more control over the PPP connection. Could anyone explain how to do that?

As a third possibility, given that the DSL-300T runs Linux, I wonder if anyone has built network diagnostic tools that I could download onto it?

Reply to
Ben Hutchings

But you only have one external IP address, right?

Reply to
Ben Hutchings

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.