Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

laptop connection problem
Hi

NEWS: WIFI - Children at risk from 'electronic smog'
NEWS: WIFI - Children at risk from 'electronic smog': Sir William Stewart, head of the Health Protection Agency in the U.K., wants a probe on whether the use of Wi-Fi in schools poses any danger on...

2 wireless router/ access points, 1 as wireless receiver
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless access point router that was in my old office away from home. I have a DLink DI-614+Wireless router/ access point from my old home network. I have moved my office to...

Keep losing my connection..need help from you experts!!
I have a DSL connection with a Linksys WRTG54G router (with the latest firmware). I keep getting disconnected, most of the time I have to power cycle the router and then it works fine. I've tried...

Help! Different wifi providers question - UK
I want wifi access when I'm away from home. I have a wifi enabled laptop and I know how to access wifi hotspots. What I need help on is on all the different wifi providers, like BT Openzone, the...

Network Suddenly Demands Password
My 3 PCs [WindowsXP Pro] have been happily working together for some time. Not sure what changed but suddenly one remote PC is asked for a password to access one [but not both] of the other PCs. [The...

wrt54g v6 bad flash
hi, i recently tried getting my wrt54g v6 router to run with the dd-wrt firmware but i had some problem during the flash, and now my router is bricked and power light just keeps flashing when turned...

motel hotspot range question
When travelling and staying in motels with wireless hotspots, can I generally count on being able to connect to the internet from my room, regardless of location? Or, am I sometimes going to have to...

Wireless TV
I don.t know if this topic has been addressed previously, when I subscribed to the newsgroup there were over 8000 postings - I just couldn't read them all 8-). I am moving to a new (for me) house. I...

wifi 54.g via 11.b card
i am trying [very hard] to get a 16bit pcmcia wifi card for my palmtop but most of the products are 802.11.b the question is if i can connect with 11.b card to a 54.g network. i do not have control...

wireless & comcast
i could send email on outlook but not i can't - i have wireless and can pu comcast now i get this message - did someone cut me off !! The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was...

Wireless cafe public library?
I am on dial-up at this time. I need to download VS Net 2005 SP1 435 mb(s) and some other downloads of that size. Obviously, this is taking for EVER. This laptop has a wireless card. Can I go to a...

Worth Reading
Tremendous material on network security, firewall technologies and Cisco PIX firewall is available to enhance your knowledge in the relevant area of study. You will surely not want to miss it!!

Output power Linksys Router
Hello, I would like to know what is the maximum Transmit power (Ximit) a Linksys wrt54gl router can handle before you shorten the lifetime or whether you should start using cooling. I have set mine...

Cisco Aironet 1100
I have 15 wireless laptops and 3 AP's, will i have to point 5 laptops to 1 AP or will they load balance themselves if I configure them all with the same details apart from static ip's any advice...