Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

dd-wrt wl site_survey
This is for the users of DD-WRT in this group. In the latest (07/13/2007) release of v23 SP3 of DD-WRT, Brainslayer has removed a huge number of wl command options including some that I've used in...

Compaq 2162US -- added wireless card, but range is bad
Hi, I just added a Ralink-based mini-PCI wireless card -- and small Hitachi antennas attached to MAIN & AUX antenna connectors on the card -- to a Compaq 2162US notebook PC. The antennas have about a...

Linksys WRT54G Version 8. Where Can I Buy It?
I really looked just about everywhere in the Tampa, Florida, area. I cannot locate this Linksys wireless router. I need to have Version 8. Does anyone up here know where I could order one? Thanks!...

FOR SALE Sony Ericsson w880i FOR JUST $210
We sell brand new mobile phones, laptops, desktops, ipods, games, plasma tvs, projectors and many more at very cheap and affordable prices. We deliver to any destination in the World( World wide...

FOR SALE Motorola V600-- FOR JUST $120
We sell brand new mobile phones, laptops, desktops, ipods, games, plasma tvs, projectors and many more at very cheap and affordable prices. We deliver to any destination in the World( World wide...

NEWS: iPhone becomes phisherman's friend
Security shortcomings in the design of Apple's iPhone might make it easier to mount phishing and cross-site scripting attacks. The iPhone's email client only displays the first few characters of a...

NL-3054MP plus connector
Hi all, Just got a Senao NL-3054MP Plus mini-PCI card, it came with lots of drivers, but no user manual. The .tw website keeps popping me out whenever I look for a .pdf manual. Can I ask a stupid...

Factory Reset procedure and/or default password for Nokia A021 access point
Greetings: This issue appears in usenet archives without any proper replies: what is the factory reset procedure and/or default password (on the serial port) for administering the Nokia A021 access...

customized ringtones
I would like to give someone a customized ringtone (a recording of her daughter's voice) as a present. How can I do this? (I don't have a mobile telephone and know *nothing * about them.) I can make...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

In house better wireless signal.
Have got a laptop with built in wireless card, and a playstation 3 on the second floor of my house, at the moment got a cheap BT voyager 2110 wireless router downstairs and a bit of a way away. Need...

Wireles
I have a need to set up my USB-based printer on a wireless print server on a Windows Vista/XP system (3 PCs). Would be interested in hearing of anyone's experience with such a device and whose works...

Omni antenna help please
Jeff Liebermann hath wroth: I forgot to plug my favorite antenna system. Look into Franklin or AMOS sector antennas. See: Lots of gain, very small vertical radiation angle, fairly wide horizontal...

What is best security option for wireless router?
"SanDiegoFunkDaddy" hath wroth: Shotgun or large caliber slug shooter will work best. Bang on door. Shove gun in face of neighbor. Threaten violence if you find them on your wi-fi network. Leave. End...