Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Limited or no connectivity
I have a 2wire hg2700 wireless router and it is connected to my Desktop PC via ethernet. I am able to browse the web, download etc on my desktop. I also have a wireless capable laptop which I can...

Biometric hardware connection
Hello everybody! I need some help with a new component we've added on our business. This hardware is a little cpu with a screen that allow all the workers put the thumb on the biometric lector to...

Setting up a mesh wifi
Got it. Setup a mesh network in OK, I'll take your word for it. Nicely written, and imminately enjoyable to read. Great stuff, thanks.

Switching to a new WiFi
Getting ready to retire my old Linksys for a new Airport Extreme. What information should I copy down from the LS to make the transition easier. Where would I find it.

Connecting wired into wireless
Hi, I have an AV amplifier that has a LAN connection capability but I do not want to run a cat5 cable to it, I have a wireless network, router is a dlink currently waiting to change out to an adsl...

Please help the newbie
I have a simple question, and I cannot seem to find find anyone to answer it. I have a bridge and I am using it to receive an internet signal. I am wondering if something can be done. Can that bridge...

Netstumbler + Sony Vaio (Intel 4965agn WiFi)
I am using a Sony Vaio for a few days - running Windows Vista - the real small SZ version that weighs 3.9lbs and has everything. Anyway - it comes with the Intel 4965AGN WiFi card that supports A/G/N...

belkin green icon no ssid
Belkin icon green connected no ssid no ie5 Does anyone know how to set up ie 5.5 to connect to wifi signal vs dial up? Thanks Greg belkin wifi f5d6001 recognised in device manager

Time to Upgrade Wireless Router
I have an old D-Link router and want to get something newer and better -- with more security features like hardware virus and spam blocking -- if possible. Can anyone recommend such a device (has to...

WRT54GX and viewing stations connected
I have a Linksys WRT54GX is there a place that I can see what IP addresses the router has given out VIA DHCP or who is connected wirelessly? I have not seen this anywhere looking through the router,...

V8 cantenna
My first cantenna: basically followed the design plans at, except substituted a V8 can: haven't done precise signal strength measurements, but I'm getting 3 and 4 bars, when I used to get 1 and 2 and...

Panasonic internet cameraBL-C131 "Image Buffer Frequency" - what does that mean?
Hello all - I am trying to work out what this means: On my internet camera you can trigger the camera to take pics before and after the trigger event. Here are the options: Image Buffer Frequency...

Dish App

extending a wireless network.
I want to extend a wireless network from my friends apartment (adjacent) to mine. I have one pc connected directly but ideally, I would like to connect a router to his network (wirelessly) - and serve...

MOnitor access to wireless domain
Hello, Is there any way (software, etc) to monitor a particluar Wireless domain? I want to know if any client connects (even if the dont get an ip) to my wirless network.