Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gateway 7001a/b/g AP - opinions?
Anyone used this AP? Any opinions, issues (other than open channels on non-FCC regulated bands), likes, dislikes or information to share? (For < $50 on eBay, it LOOKS like a good deal.) TIA

NEWS: Palm pulls the plug on fledgling Foleo
Palm Inc.'s foray into a new category of laptop devices has died. Chief Executive Officer Ed Colligan said Tuesday the Foleo, a lightweight computing device meant to be paired with a smart phone, is...

Wireless drops overnight. (EAPOL key constantly transmitted afterwards)
Hello readers, First I will direct you to my original post on 'VERY STRANGE WIRELESS BEHAVIOR - Geeks to Go!' ( I don't think anyone there has a clue... Quick recap of 1st post: I get dropped...

WAP54G PoE compatibility with WAPPOE12
I have a WAP54G v3.1 access point which I would like to light up with PoE. It is 12v, so I thought the WAPPOE12 would work. I called Linksys CS to confirm this and they told me the WAPPOE12 is...

Difference between Linkys WAP54G and WET54G
You can get the Buffalo wireless client adapter, which also acts as a "gaming adapter", but it has 4 LAN ports. Much cheaper than other ones too, only $54 at Amazon ($70 list).

linksys wireless router BEFW11s4 v3
Hello: I was trying to upgrade the firmware. Now the diag lite is constantly on (not blinking). I tried everything, resetting for 30 sec, 3 min etc, trying to upload firmware again, static ip address...

PublicIP
Hi Is anybody using ZoneCD also known as PublicIP from 'PUBLICip - Free WiFi Solutions for Free WiFi Access' ( are attempting to set this up in my school which uses a proxy server. We need to be able...

ZoneCD
Hi Is anybody using ZoneCD also known as PublicIP from are attempting to set this up in my school which uses a proxy server. We need to be able to modify the config in ZoneCD to access the proxy...

Using PC as AP
At work we have a wired network. However, we have various machines that have a Wi-Fi adapters. Is there some way I could use one of these computers to act as an access point so that I can connect to...

WPC300N linksys vista drivers not accepted in Vista
Hi, I have been trying to get a linksys WPC300N wireless notebook adapter working on my Acer 9300 laptop. The problem is the Vista drivers from the L"The best driver software for your device is...

Internet Facility from Mobile's wireless
What is the best one of cellular phone to make an internet connection using wireless system? can any one tell Me? Mobile, Phonecell, Handphone, Wireless, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Sidekick, Sony...

How does a computer differentiate between ad-hoc and infrastructure networks?
When I look at available wireless networks, Windows XP differentiates between the WLAN and any nearby ad-hoc networks. How? I'm assuming that there is some kind of identifying bit in the packets....

Wierd Wireless problem solved
I have a Macbook Pro and use it mainly wireless - unless doing large file movement, then I connect via copper. Until recently I had no problems with my wLan and neither had other people using my...

Dial-up holdouts ask: Why go to broadband?
Dial-up holdouts ask: Why go to broadband? don't see the need for broadband 12:00 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 4, 2007 By ANDREW D. SMITH / The Dallas Morning News Some announce their position and...

Wireless problem
Hello. I'm having a problem connecting two PCs to my wireless router. The router is a 2Wire Home Portal. The router is configured to use 802.11b/g on channel 11. I have two PCs, 1 has a Linksys...