Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

no Net, but good connection and signal
Even though WinXP Wireless connection box says I'm connected when I open IE or FireFox browsers I get "page cannot be found". My hardware is a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop with a PRO/Wireless LAN 2100...

no TCP/IP connection
Hi, im trying to connect to my LAN to get to internet. I keep getting an error message( no TCP/IP connection, or something like that) Whats wrong?? I also have my notebook connected to the same...

Using router as wireless access point, is this possible?
I have a Linksys WAG354G wireless router situated upstairs that all my wifi devices use to connect to the internet and each other. Assume I have just bought a none wifi enabled PC for downstairs,...

Isolating a wireless subnet?
We're replacing an Apple "snow" AirPort (802.11b) with an AirPort Extreme (802.11n) and would like to provide Internet access for clients in the waiting room. Obviously we don't want them to have...

installing wireless router
Does at least one PC have to be wired to a wireless router? My daughter gave me a wireless router she no longer needs, with no instructions. I went on line and downloaded the installation files,...

CFP: Wireless Applications and Computing 2008 - extension
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (extension): 14 April 2008 -- IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE WIRELESS...

EVDO internet with DSL router
Hi all, I had a dsl internet connection previously. So i had bought a D-Link Dl-524 router. It worked fine with the dsl network. But i recently bought a evdo card(usb) and now i access internet...

Laptop wireless
I'm interested in finding an (online) guide to installing (or replacing) the full antenna for an internal wireless setup in a laptop. My laptop is set up for wireless, but, I stripped the head off the...

Need recommendation on good wired router...
Hi After over six years of constant operation, my main router (D-Link DI-764) has finally bit it. The 802.11a radio stopped working a few months ago, but wasn't a big deal since I had already been...

Linksys WGA54G unreachable via wireless once it has ethernet cable connection
All: I got a brand spanking new Linksys WGA54G yesterday. I have a NetGear router and I was able to get the WGA54G set up on it OK. I'm running MAC filtering but no other security measures (no...

replacing aerials on wireless network cards
There are are number of cards out there with detachable antennas... Do they all use the same standard connector? If not, what are the different standard ones they use? And in particular, I have am...

Does a wifi "repeater" exist?
Does a repeater exist for wifi? A device that one could mount up high that receives a signal, amplifies it, and rebroadcasts it?

Support for Multipe Public IP addresses
We had an old ADSL router which supported NAT for more than one public address. We have 16 addresses allocated and need to setup at least 6 for address translation. That router failed and we picked up...

three computers ad hoc(p2p)
Why while my p2p connection is turned on through UTP cabel, why won't the wireless work in the same time. Three computers are connected with various manual-assigned ip-numbers. When utp is turned off,...

Hirose U.Fl - Female RSMA "pigtails"
Hello, I am looking to modify a couple WLAN (PCMCIA - type 2) cards and attach an external antenna. They both have a Hirose U.Fl connector on the circuit board. So, I need a "pigtail" that has a...