Wireline -> wireless troubles

I am trying to move from a wired DSL internet connection to a wireless configuration, but I am experiencing some small problems I do not like.

My current HW/SW configuration is:

- Windows 2000

- Sygate Personal Firewall

- RASPPPoE

- Zyxel Prestige 660HW

I have only one PC so I prefer to terminate the PPPoE connection on it, using RASPPPoE and the Sygate firewall, and leaving the Zyxel in bridge mode, so to be able to control more easily which ports and services shold be allowed to access the internet. Using a wired ethernet connection everything works fine.

Now the wireless introduction starts, with the Zyxel G.162 adapter. The problems I am experiencing are:

- Using WPA-PSK seems to conflict with the Sygate firewall: even disabling all, adding advenced rules to allow all traffic on the cardbus adapter and so on, it seems to be unable to set up the connection.

- RASPPPoE even if it has installed the PPPoE protocol, does not show the Zyxel adapter on the menu.

Of course I can revert to use the P660HW as a router with its firewall as protection (and actually it is what I am doing now), but I do not like this configuration.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Reply to
Giuseppe Carnevale
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.