wireless with wireless cam?

Is it posible to connect my access point or wireless card with wireless camera?

Thanks

Ljuscho

Reply to
Mr.Ljuscho
Loading thread data ...

Sure can with something like this...

formatting link
Hope that helps!

ISPgeek

formatting link

Reply to
ISPgeek

No I have some wireless cameras working on 2.4ghz and I would like to connect them wireless with my PC.

Thanks for help

Ljuscho

Reply to
Mr.Ljuscho

Thats different and I will need to do a little searching. How about telling me what you do have so I can try to make them match nicely..

Reply to
ISPgeek

"Mr.Ljuscho" hath wroth:

It might be helpful to disclose exactly what hardware you are using, so something compatible might be suggested. There are many different types of "wireless" cameras, some of which might actually work with your unspecified model access point.

If your camera is USB or Firewire, it will require a video server or computer with networking.

If your camera is NTSC video, it will require a video server or a computer with a video encoder card and networking.

If your camera is an X10 style video camera, the output is NTSC video. This will need to be fed to a video server or a computer with a video encoder card and networking. There is no way to go directly between the analog X10 type of video modulation and the wireless 802.11 type. Since both use the same 2.4GHz frequencies, there is also a chance that there will be interference.

There are also wireless video cameras that transmit on UHF TV channels. These are handled exactly like the X10 camera mentioned.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Brand name and model numbers would help...and how many you have and how far your expectation of range too.

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

No name camera with no name 4 chanell receiver, us robotics maxg router

5461. 30m max range to the cameras and 15m to the receiver

thanks

Ljuscho

Reply to
Mr.Ljuscho

Without knowing if its a low end analog transmitting cam or digital IP one, it is impossible to provide an answer.

See if the cams have an ethernet jack. That would be the first clue. If they don't, they are probably analog cams that have to be used with the proprietary receiver and thus can't be accessed with a 802.11 device.

If the receiver has an ethernet port, then you could connect it to a

802.11 wireless device and let your computer see that. If it doesn't well...by the time you come up with an analog video to IP adapter, you might as well start over and use more conventional IP wireless cams.
Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.