Wireless Networking Question and Recommendation

Hi , I am working at installing a wireless network at a motel and need recommendation regarding access points. Can anyone please tell me which linksys access points are suitable to use to provide access. Also are there any access points out there that have authentication built in for the clients like you have when you go to a hotel/motel. I would really appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Reply to
amaar2003
Loading thread data ...

No, I don't think anyone can. The problem is that you seem to be lacking in numbers. You know, those things like range desired, topology, number of access points, bandwidth, user count, antenna locations, and of course, the cost. Also, some clue as to what you have for an internet connection and router. While you're at it, some clue as to how you plan to enter user accounts. That's usually where things go awry.

In your spare time, you might find the FAQ useful, especially the part on selecting hotspot hardware and software:

Authentication is 802.1x which requires a RADIUS server. There are a few that have a built in RADIUS server, but they're not made by Linksys. Zyxel G-2000 Plus has built in RADIUS server:

Also, look at turnkey coffee shop and motel wireless systems, especially if you're planning on doing usage accounting and billing.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.