wireless netwok

hi ! I'm new in wireless tech, so, please don't be harsh. The point is...i have 5 computers(4 laptops, 3 of them are mobile while 1 is static)...and i would like to connect them into a network. I have some access point device, and some device called siemens usb adapter. This network would be for sending data, depending which computer need which data.

Thanks for helping me. Marko

Reply to
Efirmitiv
Loading thread data ...

Okay, here is the harsh point "I'm happy for you".

Just kidding. What is your question?

I suspect that it is "how do I set up the network?"

Here are the questions that you need to answer:

How do you access the Internet? DSL, Dialup, Cable, .... or do you not want to share out the Internet connection and just share files, printers.... Do you have a router? What is a static laptop? What operating system(s) are you using.

Dave H.

Reply to
DH

Thanks DH for reply... Yes. I would like to setup a network between this five computers. Internet connection isn't excluded, but in the same time isn't so important. Sharing files and data is the most important for me in this network. So...how to setup a network through acesspoint!?

I'm using dialup...You could say...what? a dialup? ... but it seems it's enough for me...when i need more stronger connection i go into my public library 0n 100mbs...so this is solved. Just this network between computers isn't my domain...

A static laptop is = host computer...or something which is always there...usually i use laptop in mobile sense, on very different locations, this laptop, called static laptop is always home.

I'm using Xp professional, although i'm in process of finding proper version of linux(unix) os for this network, which i would implement on every computer or similar...

I thought about this ubuntu, suse, regular linux...etc... Still, haven't found what i'm looking for, i would need to talk with one group of comp.techies but haven't found enough time yet.

No, don't have a router, even, don't know how this thing looks like. Know that everyone calls it router...heh, that's a start.

Marko R.

"DH"

Reply to
Efirmitiv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.