Wireless Extender kills my internet connection

I currently get my internet connection from a friend in the next village. We have a couple of 802.11g AP's with directional antennas to send the signal from his house to mine. The AP at my end then goes into a Linksys Router, so that my network is seperate to his. From my linksys Router I have a netgear ME102 AP for my wireless lan in the house. Unfortunately the signal doesn't reach to all corners of my house so I bought a DLink DWL-G710 range extender. This seems to work well with regards to repeating the signal from the Netgear AP.

My problem is, after about 5 mins of use, the internet connection dies. I can still connect to all machines on my local network through the extender and AP, but I think the DWL-G710 is interfering with the Wireless connection to my friends house. His connection is on channel

6 and mine is on channel 1.

Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
mike.brydon
Loading thread data ...

Quite possibly, you'd do better to try to relocate the ME102 to somewhere central in the house. You'd be surprised at how much difference moving it to the other side of just one wall can make.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.