wireless earphones! please help

hi guys... i`m very new here and it`s my first msg on this nsgr.

I would like to know how i can connect the wireless earphones of my mobile with my laptop to use with skype.

Is it possible or it`s just my dream?? :)

thanks a lot, Vinnie

Reply to
robert
Loading thread data ...

"robert" hath wroth:

OK, I'll be nice (this time only).

You can start by supplying the maker and model number of your wireless earphones. Are they just earphones or do they include a microphone? What's a "mobile"?

If they're Bluetooth, you get a Bluetooth USB adapter for your laptop and you're done. If you wanna control Skype from the headset, try:

formatting link
If it's just 900MHz earphones, you'll need to conjur a phono connector audio to 3.5mm audio connector adapter. The 3.5mm end goes into the sound card on your laptop. I've done this at home and it works ok. If it's only a headset, you're on your own for dealing with the microphone. The current Skype 2.5 is nice because the AGC and speakerphone systems finally work correctly. You can just use any microphone and leave it wide open. I suggest something with noise cancellation as vehicle noise will be a problem.

In future messages, try to supply:

1. What are you trying to accomplish?
  2. What do you have to work with? (hardware, software, models, versions, numbers).
  3. For troubleshooting, what have you done so far and what happened?
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:22:34 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

Not quite -- Bluetooth will only work with Skype with the proper Bluetooth Profiles, at least Headset and ideally Handsfree as well, which are *not* included in Windows XP, so you'll want a Bluetooth adapter with its own driver and the proper profile. For more info, see .

Reply to
John Navas

I spotted this identical posting (not a cross-posting) in alt.cellular.bluetooth

So I made the assumpti The default WindowsXP BT drivers will not work as a headset. I have a Motorola HS820 BT headset that I pair with a DLink DBT-120 USB-Bluetooth adapter. This is on WindowsXP-SP2, using the DLink drivers from Widcom.

This works for Skype.

Reply to
dold

snipped-for-privacy@XReXXwirel.usenet.us.com hath wroth:

Good detective work.

Are you SURE you're not getting any interference from 802.11? The DBT-120 is Bluetooth 1.1, which does not have AFH (adaptive frequeny hopping).

formatting link
's why I went with a BT 2.0 USB adapter (Widdcom drivers).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:28:32 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

I've had minimal Wi-Fi interference problems even with very old Bluetooth adapters.

Reply to
John Navas

Huh? Interference? It works with Skype and with Cisco Softphone. Testing just now, I have the DBT-120 within a foot or two of the Netgear WG511 WiFi card and five feet to the Netgear WGR614v4 Router.

The quality on Skype is fine. Cisco seems to pick up some noise, but that's probably the headset bristling against my beard, something I'd never really pondered in headset design. I might have to shave. At least in one spot.

I went with the DBT-120 because it was the only one they had at Fry's.

I think I bought it before BT 2.0, but I'm not sure.

Recently, a TrendNet was the only USB-BT that Fry's had that wasn't a combined WiFi/Bluetooth adapter (I think the combo was Belkin).

The Plantronics USB headset DSP-300/400 is what I normally use for PC telephony.

I went through a series of almost-buys on the BT headset. IOGear had one for $19.99 that they just never shipped. BestBuy had a Nokia for $9.99 that was back-ordered, and then eventually canceled. The Motorola HS820 was $29.99 at Radio Shack. That sale is gone.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.