Wireless connection dropping 50% of packets

I have just set up a wireless network consisting of a ASUS AM604G ADSL2 MOD/ROUTER and a single PC with an ASUS WL-138GV2 54G PCI wireless network card in it. I have set up the router initially using WEP encryption, but after being unable to connect with the wireless PC disabled encryption entirely. With encryption disabled, I am able to connect to the router ang get the network info via DHCP, but get extremely slow internet access (10s on minutes to download

formatting link
home page (not good, either the speed or choice of home page).

I have tried reseting XP's winsock, and the entire IP stack, but to no effect.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,

Nick

Reply to
Nick Newton
Loading thread data ...

Make sure you're running your radios in high-power mode.

I once accidentaly set the WiFi adapter (Intel 2200BG) in my laptop to power-saving mode and experienced the same problems you did, even though I was only 10 feet from my access point.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

In your other post on the same subject you stated you had a 64 bit PC, are you running XP 64bit and do you have 64bit drivers installed for your wireless card? I don't know about the V2 but the Asus WL-138g had a separate driver for XP 64bit.

Reply to
kev

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.