Why doesn't my Vonage WiFi Phone work in airports?

I recently bought the Vonage "UT Starcom F1000" WiFi Phone and it works great at home with my wireless network! But so far I have never been able to connect through the WiFi networks at the airports! Even though those networks are open for access, the initial connection has to be initiated through a browser access from a laptop.

I don't know if I this is the newsgroup where I should address my issue. I will appreciate any suggestions or advice that can help me use my WiFi Phone in open access points like airports.

Thanks and regards, SG

Reply to
SG
Loading thread data ...

What dvice has Vonage tech support offered so far?

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Then they're not 'open'. The session they pretend to open is tied to the MAC hardware address of the laptop. The phone, being an independent device, has it's own MAC address. The routers controlling the WiFi claiming to be 'open' want the devices to login using a web browser. The phone doesn't have one, and well there you are, out of luck.

Bitch about it to the idiots running the airport hotspot. I doubt they'll listen.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:20:56 -0400, "Bill Kearney" wrote in :

That doesn't make it not 'open' - that just makes it controlled. It's quite reasonable to require T&C agreement on an 'open' hotspot.

And why should they? The problem is the phone, not the hotspot.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.