What's wrong with GSA?

I failed secure connection by google secure access!

plz, see the snapshot:

formatting link
What's wrong with it?

Thanks!

Reply to
jun bro
Loading thread data ...

What's wrong with you? Are you in Mountain View and near the only two beta sites that are currently setup to use Google Secure Access VPN? What it means is that your client could not find a Google VPN terminating server through which to connect. This is normal if you're not using their current test locations.

What were you expecting to happen?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

GSA worked fine for me (Denver), but instead of GSA I prefer to use the iPig VPN client software now - Just like GSA it is a *free* VPN service, but it also allows you to set up your own(!) VPN server very easily. For up to five users, the server is freeware (download from

formatting link
)

Reply to
smiths

Ooops. I'm wrong. I was told by a Google employee that access was going to be restricted to only their test sites. I guess it's wide open now. So much for my inside info. It could possibly be oversubscribed as everyone tries to use it? It'll play with it tonight. Thanks for the info.

That's common to all VPN's. When connected to the VPN tunnel, your client computers default gateway moves to the gateway inside the VPN tunnel. Run IPCONFIG to see for yourself. When you connect to your ISP's SMTP server through the VPN tunnel, it thinks that the connection is coming from Google instead of from your WAN IP address. Since the SMTP is setup to restrict access to only the ISP's customers, it will reject any email sent via the Google gateway. Of course, Googles own SMTP server accept outgoing email via a Google owned gateway. If you're ISP's SMTP server does POP3 before SMTP or some type of authenticated SMTP, you might be able to convince it to accept your email.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I live in Illinois and it works just fine for me. I already had a good WPA enabled, strong signal, wireless G network set up using a WRT54G set up as a WAP and a PCI card WMP54GX. Installed GSA and it put a network connection icon down on the task bar called vpn.google.com. Under details it says it's device name is WAN Miniport (PPTP). Device type: vpn Server type: PPP Transports: TCP/IP Authentication: MS CHAP V2 Encryption: MPPE 128 Compression: none PPP multilink framing: off Server IP address: 192.168.xxx.xxx Client IP: 192.168.xxx.xxx

Now I said everything works fine, but there's one minor problem. When GSA is running I can't send email using my normal web hosted email. But if I try to send using my Gmail account it works. I guess it's a conflict with smtp somehow?

alien

Reply to
alien

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.