What freeware can be used to protect my privacy (keeping Petraeus in mind)

This can get to be a pain if the websites start adjusting language based on your TOR location. Well unless you are fluent in Hungarian.

If I were running TOR, I'd let the user pick a country. Once you are not at your actual IP address, being down the block or around the world doesn't make much difference.

Reply to
miso
Loading thread data ...

Learn to use anonymous remailers and nym servers.

This Thunderbird message was posted with OmniMix, a local proxy server, which anonymizes your mail and usenet client's traffic by routing it through the Tor network, Mixmaster / Cypherpunk remailers and nym servers.

And there's QuickSilver, a standalone remailer application, which doesn't require an external mail client.

formatting link

Reply to
Anonymous

It should always be mentioned that Omnimix is closed source. It's an important consideration. By being honest and forthcoming, you give the prospective user the information to decide for his/her self whether it's an issue or not.

Reply to
Anonymous

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.