Verizon dsl wireless name change

i live in a large townhome community and would like to change the name of my Westell 327 to a personal name. does anyone know how to do this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
dizcodck
Loading thread data ...

download the manual from the bottom of this page.

formatting link

Reply to
Pen

You want to change the SSID of the device. I'm not sure which layout your software uses but try looking in the following places:

If your homepage has the following set of tabs: Home, Status, Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Help. go to: Configuration -> Wireless -> Basic -> Network Name (SSID)

If your homepage has the following set of tabs: Home, My Network, Wireless, Security, Advanced. go to: Wireless -> Configuration -> Network Name (SSID)

Keep the SSID to 32 characters or less. If you are doing this wirelessly change the Westell first, then change the client computer.

kc

Reply to
Kim Clay

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.