dsl502t and di624s marriage

i have these 2 units talking and i can access the web just fine. The di624s allows the connection of a fat32 drive via usb and this can be accessed as an FTP drive. If i could figure out how to do it....... Does anyone have the same setup ? i would appreciate some guidence. ta, pete

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
datapete
Loading thread data ...

thread:

formatting link
Seriously, have you read the documentation/help? (That's where I'd go first.)

Dunno what you mean by "FTP drive". You might have an ftp server running on a host that's accessible via some IP at port 20/21/etc. depending on active/passive mode. Then an "ftp-tree" sub-part of the file-system.

Much configuration is typically possible with ftp servers. And, it might be made accessible from WAN port as well as LAN ports. With authentication via uid/pwd.

Do be careful about allowing anonymous access- crackers will find and try to exploit holes there. And, ftp authentication exchange carries open uid/pwd, a major vulnerability if the packets traverse public networks (i.e. Internet.)

TTFN, J

Reply to
barry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.