nForce4 Firewall

Doing an overhaul on one of my systems and when I was installing the nForce4 drivers, it asked if I wanted to install the firewall? After a bit of research, I've found that I actually have a hardware firewall built-in on this Asus A8N-32 SLI Deluxe motherboard that I've never used - or even knew about.

Google doesn't turn up much but maybe I'm not using the right terms (i.e., nforce4 firewall ) and the Asus site has some old press releases but nothing up to date. The nForce drivers are the latest v6.86.

Anyone use this firewall or have any links that offer any up-to-date opinions or other information?

Thanks,

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS
Loading thread data ...

When I query under nforce4 firewall I get over 300,000 returns.

Wikipedia is far from an "ultimate source" but it does discuss some shortcomings in the nvidia firewall. I have an Asus A8n premium mobo and at the time I purchased it, the word on the street was the nvidia firewall was a non-functional PITA that caused all kinds of software conflicts.

Reply to
SumGuy

Yep - I got 310,000 hits using that phrase without quotes and 813 with quotes. Of those, I've looked at quite a few but its mostly dated 2004/2005 reviews, ng posts and such. This is more of a curious pursuit now because I'm intrigued that Nvidia has nothing new to say about it and even the forum references I find are 3 years old. But yet - they update it.

Obviously it's nothing to brag about then but since its their hardware, it needs to be supported - good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks for your time and your reply,

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.