Toshiba 9100 Wifi Problem

Hi,

My Toshiba Tecra 9100 does not see my wireless network. The device manager claims that it's working ok, and I've installed the lasted drivers. My network is fine, but when searching it finds nothing, please help.

Cheers

Bryan

Reply to
bryan
Loading thread data ...

On 30 Jun 2006 13:25:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@fircroft.net wrote in :

Can it see any wireless networks (anywhere)?

Reply to
John Navas

John,

No it see's nothing. Got a d-link pcmcia card in as a temp measure and thats fine, but I want the built in card to work.

Cheers

Reply to
Bryan

On 30 Jun 2006 14:10:37 -0700, "Bryan" wrote in :

Sounds like it's not connected to any antennas. You may want to open the machine and check.

Reply to
John Navas

can we start again

1. Did it ever work
  2. Have you added any new security software.
  3. Are your Firewall set to accept other comps including the router in some cases.
Reply to
OhNo

Hi,

Reply to
Bryan

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:22:14 GMT, John Navas wrote: : On 30 Jun 2006 14:10:37 -0700, "Bryan" wrote in : : : : >John Navas wrote: : >

: >> On 30 Jun 2006 13:25:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@fircroft.net wrote in : >> : : >>

: >> >My Toshiba Tecra 9100 does not see my wireless network. The device : >> >manager claims that it's working ok, and I've installed the lasted : >> >drivers. My network is fine, but when searching it finds nothing, : >> >please help. : >>

: >> Can it see any wireless networks (anywhere)? : : >No it see's nothing. Got a d-link pcmcia card in as a temp measure and : >thats fine, but I want the built in card to work. : : Sounds like it's not connected to any antennas. You may want to open : the machine and check.

Or maybe the radio is turned off. That's almost always an option in the driver. I've also seen at least one laptop with an external switch that the driver couldn't see, which could account for the device manager telling you things are OK.

Reply to
Robert Coe

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 15:24:15 -0400, Robert Coe wrote in :

Good points. I got bitten recently by such an external switch -- I'd wasted over an hour before it occurred to me to check for one, which made me feel pretty silly.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.