Telephone interference

I recently installed a Linksys WMB54G musical bridge. Since the installation, I'm getting a crackling noise interference on my cordless phone when I'm in the same room that has the bridge. I've been using the Uniden 2.4GHz phone system with no interference from my LinkSys wireless system.

Any ideas why the bridge would cause interference? Also, is there a simple way to correct the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help, Bill

Reply to
Bill & Debbie
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:37:08 -0400, "Bill & Debbie" wrote in :

More traffic. Stronger signal.

Switch to 5 GHz phones. Be sure not to get ones that also use 2.4 GHz.

Reply to
John Navas

Well, you were nice enough to supply the model number of the musical bridge. Could I trouble you to do the same for the "linksys wireless system" which I presume is a wireless router?

Also, the model number of the Uniden phone so I can check if it's a frequency hopper, DSSS, or just plain FM. If it says "DSS", it's probably a frequency hopper which will clobber the entire 2.4GHz band.

Keep the phone and the wireless stuff physically seperated. Experiment with different wireless channels. Get a 900MHz or 5.7GHz cordless phone. They now quite cheap. Connect a directional antenna on the WMB54G that points away from the cordless phone.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.