Signal strength of PC wi-fi antenna at router

In a normal house setup the wi-fi router acts as the access point and the antenna on the laptop or desktop picks up the access point.

If I sit at the laptop or PC (far from the wi-fi router) I can use an app on the phone to pick up the signal strength of that wi-fi router access point.

But how do I pick up the signal the other way around?

If I sit at the router (far from the laptop or desktop) when I open the app to tell me signal strength, it only tells me the signal strength of the wi-fi access point.

It doesn't tell me the signal strength arriving at the router which came out of the antenna on the laptop or desktop (far away).

How do I measure THAT signal strength?

Reply to
YK
Loading thread data ...

At the router. Sometimes the router can display such information in it's GUI, depending on the router. AVM Fritz!Box routers can.

--maarten

Reply to
Maarten Carels

On Jun 11, 2021 at 10:30:25 GMT+2, "Maarten Carels" snipped-for-privacy@xs4all.nl wrote: [...]

Something like this: Wi-Fi properties (5 GHz) Signal strength -67dBm Max. data rate possible 1300 / 1300 Mbit/s Current throughput 1170 / 1300 Mbit/s Wi-Fi standard Wi-Fi ac / Wi-Fi 5 Frequency band 5 GHz Channel bandwidth 80 MHz Streams 3 x 3 Wi-Fi properties Encryption WPA2 Signal properties STBC, LDPC, Supports dual-band operation Quality of Service (QoS) WMM Repeater operation no

--maarten

Reply to
Maarten Carels

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.