Setting up mini-MAN

I am looking into delivering wireless Internet access to my condo development. Since WiMax won't be available until 2007 it seems best to go with 802.11g, and set up wireless access points to daisy-chain to the backhaul to the ISP (likely will be cable, fiber-optic, or possibly a DS-3 or T3 depending on the bandwidth requirements and usage needs).

I was told to look into the Cisco 871, and also I hear the Linksys (and all Broadcom chip-based) routers can be customized via Linux. I prefer not to have any actual computers on-site for anyone to have to maintain or re-boot. Any tips on good sites to research, etc, would be appreciated, I can do my own homework but am looking more for someone who can share their experience with this topology and maybe give me some warnings or pointers. If you're near NYC there is a possibility of a business relationship as well if interested in my project.

Thanks.

Reply to
Joseph Stewart
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.