Replace Mini-PCI Wireless card in HP Ze5375

I'd like to get WPA to work on a HP Ze5375 notebook running XP-Home. It has an internal wireless LAN-Express IEEE 802.11 PCI Adapter which does not support WPA and according to:

formatting link
isn't likely to provide upgrade firmware for WPA support on this device. I've tried to update the firmware and drivers via the various PRISM II upgrades (Fujitsu, etc.) and have failed.

What I'd like to do is replace the Lan-Express with a Broadcom card that HP used in later runs of the Ze5375 or better yet the G version of the Broadcom card, HP Broadcom 54g Mini PCI, to take advantage of the G speeds of my WRT54G. Or a newer version of the Intel Mini-PCI that has WPA and G support. Anyone know if any of these options will work in the Ze5375? Another option?

Bottom line: I would really like to have WPA support and 801.11g would be icing on the cake.

--Ben

Reply to
Plan9
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.