qwik ez cheap long distance wifi

I found a simple solution to adapting old satelite dish to extend wireless range. I found the Hawking54g usb wifi adapter with built in

6db antenna (apx $50) works perfectly as the feed for the dish. I did not even remove the old feed- just taped the hawking flat back securely onto the waterproof cover of the old one and started getting strong signals. I took it .4 miles down the road in my truck and gave it a quick test cradled between my cab and ladder racks - only connected to internet thru one signal but viewed 4 connections -some of which had to be over .5 miles- the one connection I did make was pointed thru pine trees so I must have really lucked out on this combinantion of components - it was an old direct tv dish someone was tossing,a hawking usb adapter model HWU54D and a passive usb cable extension connected to a laptop.
Reply to
frank
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.