Printer not found on 2nd computer??

Linksys wrt54g. I have 2 computers. one is pluged in to the linksys and has a hp usb printer that works very good. The other computer has a linksys wireless card and the internet net works very good. No matter what I do I cannot print from the wireless connected computer. also using xp home on both and followed all the directions but the wireless computer will NOT FIND THE PRINTER. Help help please. Is what I am tring to do posssible?? larry

Reply to
LaRrY
Loading thread data ...

have you used the Add Hardware Wizard to set the printer on the wireless comp.

Reply to
Juan Hanglow

sorry also meant the Add Printer Wizard................to set up the wireless printer.

Reply to
Juan Hanglow

"Home and Small Office Networking with Windows XP"

See "Home Networking How-To Center"

Reply to
John Navas

Can they file share? If not, then John Navas has the solution. Otherwise, it's a specific printer problem.

Reply to
__spc__

Reply to
LaRrY

I'll ask some newbie questions.... I also have a HP USB printer also. ;-) Did you set up the printer as a network printer, if applicable? And is sharing enabled? Did you install the HP software on the remote computer and would it search for the networked printer? I seem to remember that I had to install the software first and then wait until it told me to plug up the printer. So the firewalls allow the computers see one another and will allow the CD drives to be seen also? Did you set up sharing for both computers?

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.