Palm (or other) with anonymous proxy

I am looking to buy a used Palm Tungsten C, if it will do what I want. I want to be able to connect to a wifi network (this model comes with a wifi card), set the Palm to use an anonymous proxy (I enter the address/port), and go to hotmail.com or yahoo.com and use an e-mail account. There are a couple sites that keep updated lists of public proxy servers. This procedure works fine from a PC (MS Windows).

I found some stuff on the Tungsten C, and it says you can use special proxy servers that reformat the web pages, and says how to enter the address/port. I assume this will work with any proxy server, not just the Palm supported ones (less the web reformatting, of course).

I want to buy a used model. Any problems with the early ones?

Any other products that will do this? I'd prefer something smaller than a laptop, and because I don't want to use it for anything else, I don't need any fancy bells and whistles, and want to keep the cost down. (Or maybe I'll end up finding web surfing at wifi spots more handy than expected.)

Thanks.

Reply to
Todd Grey
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.