OT: Lycos / Tripod network down ?

OT - Off Topic - I can't get to our websites on Lycos / Tripod - Is there a network failure with these providers ?

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
P.Schuman
Loading thread data ...

X-No-Archive: yes

dont seem to be working this end.

Reply to
banjo

figured with such a large installed base, there would be some msgs on the web or in some group - but have seen nothing posted anywhere - Tuesday 1/2/07 - 11:00am

Reply to
P.Schuman

Seems like the DNS information for them has disappeared. I wonder if someone forgot to renew their domain names?

Reply to
George

the DNS reg has not expired, (2008) but using their IP address - 209.202.239.15 and Pingplotter, I don't get past my local ATT/SBC router....

It's like their entire router announcements have lost their pathing...

Reply to
P.Schuman

I cannot access the site either.. I am also on ATT DSL what part of the US are you in? are you having problems accessing any other sites?

Adair

Reply to
Adair Witner

I also cannot reach my tripod site, nor mail.lycos.com

Attempt to send mail to Lycos hangs up.

>
Reply to
John Anderson

Reply to
tdarpino

UK Lycos/Tripod is up, but USA site is down.

I once had a problem getting the USA Lycos site for six months. Had to connect via the UK to search USA Lyscos/Tripod sites.

Same problem with Yahoo sites, some years ago,

formatting link
did not work for months, but other Yahoo sites worked ok.

Both occured at the same time several years ago. Never did figure out why.

Reply to
John Anderson

A similar thing is happening now. Yahoo Groups is also down, with an on screen message telling us they're "undergoing a temporary site update to make Yahoo! Groups a better experience for you".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Stringer

All is well now.

"Due to issues affecting our hosting provider, Lycos experienced a network outage for roughly 7 hours on Tuesday Jan. 2. We apologize for the interruption in service to our Tripod, Angelfire and Lycos Network and Mail users, and for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Lew

Reply to
Lew Stringer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.