NEWS: Verizon begins offering 25MB and unlimited pre-paid data plans

Verizon announced today that they will begin offering unlimited and 25MB pre-paid plans, priced at $30 and $10, respectively. The overage charge on the 25MB plan will be $0.20, so users of this plan best be careful they stay within their bandwidth limits.

You can visit your local brick and mortar store today to purchase one of these plans, but they [not] be available online until September 28th.

MORE:

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Verizon must have had trouble getting them to pay the $1.99/MB they were paying....without them churning.

Reply to
Larry

So what part is the news? I have had a $30 unlimited data plan for almost 3 years.

Reply to
George

SMS wrote in news:4c82dab4$0$1643 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

Oops....not now. There's a 7% discount on PP pins at Callingmart.com.

The 29.95 plan will cost you $27.85 at 7% off.....a minor point.

As PINS can be stored on Callingmart.com's account for 12 months, you could buy up a whole years worth of PP at 7% off and just use them when you need them....unless you think Callingmart's going to go back to 10% off, again...(c;]

I'm still burning 10% off minutes I bought 2 Christmasses ago...

Reply to
Larry

I went to the link, but didn't see any more.

On the $10 plan what does the 20¢ pay for? An extra MB? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reply to
Drewdove

Reply to
John Navas

WRONG!

formatting link
$10 buys 25MB with each additional MB costing 20¢ like I asked. $30 for unlimited which looks really unlimited rather than 5GB unlimited.

And the link above clearly says that rather than the link you provided which says none of it. Swing and miss. I guess everyone was right.

Reply to
Drewdove

BTW if you use less than 125MB per month (if my math is right) the limited plan is right for you.

So it's obviously wrong for me as when I get on I'll be doing a lot of internet radio listening and I thought the 5GB from Cricket was too limiting.

;-)

Reply to
Drewdove

Drewdove wrote on [Mon, 6 Sep 2010 19:36:10 -0700]:

Just app updates, web browsing and email on the phone with no tethering at all uses around 500MB of data for me.

Reply to
Justin

Does being a total jerk come naturally, or do you have to work at it? The link I posted is correct:

Verizon Wireless today announced it will be expanding its portfolio of prepaid offerings to include a new 3G Prepaid data package that lets customers access unlimited data on select 3G Smartphones and Multimedia phones for $30 monthly access. Multimedia phone customers also have the option of selecting a new $10 monthly data package for 25 MB per month ($.20/MB OVERAGE). [emphasis added]

I'm pleased to inform you that you've earned a coveted spot in my twit filter. It's not easy -- posts have to be all crap and no value -- but you've cleared the bar with room to spare -- congratulations!

Reply to
John Navas

Re-read what I asked

Now tell me where in your post what 20¢ buys.

Everyone can see who the completely clueless idiot is and who provides the information people need to know.

Reply to
Drewdove

I doubt it's that hard at all.

All one needs to do is call you the pompous narcissistic ass that you are.

Reply to
DanS

I have to wonder what it is you could do with a 20 Mb plan. I have a very good grasp of what uses data and your usage number is pretty typical.

Reply to
George

Do you have a citation for that...?

Reply to
George

I'm pleased to inform you that you've earned a coveted spot in my twit filter. It's not easy -- posts have to be all crap and no value -- but you've cleared the bar with room to spare -- congratulations!

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You've told me before that you had KF'd me, and this wasn't too long ago.

I guess that makes you a *lying* pompous narcissistic ass.

Let's see how many more adjectives others can add to that !!!

Reply to
DanS

It's TRUE twits who feel the need to announce things like this to the world.

No one cares about you, John. Face the facts.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

+1
Reply to
George

+1
Reply to
Justin

And they forced me to carry the 25MB for $10 on my LG enV Touch while I had that [POS phone!]. There is nothing new with these data plans.

Reply to
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.