New to wifi.....Making a WIFI biquad and hook up

I am wanting to try and make my own biquad wifi antenna. I kinda figured how to make it and how to hook the pig tail to antenna, also I also understand how to hook up to a 400 cable to and from antenna. What I dont understand, is how to connect the cable to the router i am looking at a WRT54G for my router. I read that a RP-TNC to N Male Pigtail is recomended for connection to the router, but I am presuming that I will eventually need to go into the WAN port...... any help would be appreciated. Also If making the biquad is a bit advanced what pre made antenna out there could be used?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Jollyroger1965
Loading thread data ...

Do you mean 400 feet or a type 400 coax cable, i.e the Times Microwave LMR-400? 400 feet is WAY too long - LMR-400 almost

7 dB loss per 100 feet which cancels out any antenna gain.

Better phrased if it was the REQUIRED type of pigtail.

You might have inadvertently mis-phrased your question. Are you asking if the pigtail plugs into one of the four WAN ports? No, the pigtail plugs into the right side antenna jack when viewed from the rear of the WRT54G.

$40 14 dBi backfire anenna

formatting link
$35 15 dBi BBQ grill dish
formatting link
$41 19 dBi BBQ grill dish
formatting link

Reply to
DTC

formatting link

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.