NetStumbler usage drops connection

Hello,

I have NetStumbler 0.4.0 (Build 554) installed on my desktop machine(Win2000), together with Belkin F5D6001(in Infrastructure mode)wireless pci card, and Belkin F5D7130 Wireless Access Point. I've discovered that while i'm pingning host on Internet + Netstumbler working at the same time, i'm getting almost every second packet lost. When I close NetStumbler everything works fine..not a single packet dropped. Any idea what's wrong here ?

Anmodning fik timeout. Svar fra 68.15.34.115: byte=32 tid=321ms TTL=49 Anmodning fik timeout. Anmodning fik timeout. Anmodning fik timeout. Anmodning fik timeout. Anmodning fik timeout. Anmodning fik timeout. Svar fra 68.15.34.115: byte=32 tid=311ms TTL=49 Anmodning fik timeout. Svar fra 68.15.34.115: byte=32 tid=180ms TTL=49 Anmodning fik timeout.

Reply to
Dusan Sukovic
Loading thread data ...

I don't know. You might want to look in the Netstumbler forums at:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Network Stumbler scans trough all channels, so you can't keep connected all the time.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Krüger

I noticed this with NetStumbler 0.4.0 with a DLink DWL-122, which wasn't supported in the earlier NetStumbler. I don't see it with the Orinoco card. With the DLink, there are two "devices" listed by NetStumbler for the DLink, NDIS and something else. It only happens with one of the device types. The other one works well.

Reply to
dold

Until recently I used the native GUI with my Netgear PCMCIA card. Using Netstumbler did not affect my connection. However I recently turned off the Netgear utility and returned to the WZC with SP2 as constantly re-entering all the connection information was causing heightened anxiety for Mrs Pleasants :-) (given how tough she finds setting the timer on the VCR this is perhaps not surprising)

In any case, Netstumbler stops the WZC when it starts (the clue being that a message comes up saying "stopping Windows Zero Config utility"). As a result I no longer try to run it whilst doing anything constructive.

Reply to
Simon Pleasants

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.