Netgear support? hardly.

Last week I was hooking up a netgear router and needed help, so I called support to save time. The router is beyond warantee, so I elect the pay option.

I get someone on the phone immediately. They take my credit card info and say someone will be with me "shortly." I wait 15 minutes and hang up after speaking with no one. The next day, there is a pending charge on my checking account for $150! It took a day or two, but the charge looks like it may have been taken off [I have several other mystery charges I am trying to clarify].

Anyway, I never spoke with anyone. These folks put a pending charge for $150 on my account and say, "Ooops. Sorry." This is a bogus way of improving cash flow. Shame on you Netgear. You bought in to some theiving company for support. They suck and you are in trouble working with this company

The very reason I was still using Netgear was because the support used to be good. No more.

Anyway, it is impossible to get through to anyone at Netgear or 8 other companies to tell them about this, so hopefully someone actually cares.

Please share your experiences, good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve
Loading thread data ...

It would help to know what model of router you are using and the problems you are having.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.