Manual Configuration

I have a 4-port Wireless Router that is set on Channel 6 (I am in the UK). I have a desktop, a laptop and a PDA that are all set to automatically configure and connect to the wireless broadband connection which they do.

Nonetheless, my second laptop is also set to automatically detect settings and connect, however it is failing to. The wireless router icon on the laptop states it is connected to the router and the wireless network icon on the laptop states that it is connected, however it is still not. When I look at properties, it states that there is an invalid IP address.

How do I go about sorting this out? Can I manually enter the IP details etc....? Should I change the channel on the router? Will that help? I originally had it on Channel 11 and it caused similar problems to this for the desktop but is sorted now, so I am thinking something may be interfering with the laptop??

I have tried to sort this out for weeks now but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated

Reply to
Jumbo's Chippy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.