LinkSys WRT54GS FCC documentation

I'm guessing the SpeedBoster version, did not require FCC approval, because the RF (radio) portion, did not change. They're probably using some type of real time compression/decompression scheme, to achieve the higher claimed speeds. I use the word "claimed", because in real world testing, they come no where near the speeds they're advertising.

Bill Crocker

Reply to
Bill Crocker
Loading thread data ...

The WRT54GS is the same as the WRT54Gv2 except that the flash went from 8MB to 16MB and the RAM went from 16MB to 32MB. See:

formatting link
should be under the FCC ID of the WRT54Gv2 as in: Q87-WRT54GV2
formatting link
'Q87-WRT54GV2' Broadcom's Xpress, Afterburner, SpeedBoost, or whatever it's called this week, involves header compression and frame bursting to get an additional speed boost, which in theory does not affect the modulation spectra, and therefore does not require FCC type certification modifications.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Hi all, I tried to search for the LinkSys WRT54GS (wifi router with SpeedBoster) documents in the FCC database at the following URL:

I wasn't able to find the database entry for it.

I can find the WRT54G (the model without SpeedBooster) one though ...

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
meATprivacyDOTnet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.