Documentation for Linksys PAP2-NA

I have the above mentioned ATA. The instruction manual that came with it (a

33 page PDF on disk) is nearly worthless. It doesn't even mention most of the features and configuration options on the set-up utility. There are setting for two lines and two users. I have no idea how you specify a user. I don't understand how to use the calling features like call waiting. I don't know what some of the call forwarding settings mean, like "block last caller" and "accept last caller." Under "supplementary Service Setting" I don't know what "Block ANC Setting - Yes/No" means nor do I know what "Secure Call Setting - Yes/No" means.

I know this is probably really transparent to most people, but I'm just not much of a phone junky and some of the set-up just isn't clear to me.

Reply to
Vox Humana
Loading thread data ...

Most of the configuration from the Sipura SPA 2000 can relate to your new device, so by reading both users manual you could get more hints. The provider you plan to use with the device can point you in the right direccion, for basic configurations what is needed it the proxy and username and password if your lan is behind a "NAT" network address translaton then is a different history. Go to

formatting link
, click on support / fq then on configuration guide pick the sipura

2000, it can give you a good start.

Pedro

formatting link

Reply to
webmanco

As I understand it, the PAP2 is essentially a Sipura SPA-2000. I'm told that Sipura has great documentation for it. They simply keep it out of the hands of users. (I don't like dealing with such hostile manufacturers and will switch as soon as something better arrives.)

Those are beyond my experience too. I suggest poking around for Sipura info here.

formatting link

Are you finding that you need to change those settings? I usually leave SPA-2000 default settings except for a handful of things needed to get through some NATs.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Thanks. I suspect that the box is essentially the SPA-2000 also. I don't really need to change the setting, but I would like to use the call features. I poked around using the administrative logon. There is a section called "regional" After looking at this, I now realize that most of the call features work like they do on the service offered by my POTS. I looked in the phone book, and sure enough, the setting match *68, *89, *77, etc. I never subscribed to these things, so they just didn't seem obvious.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Thanks for the link. I will look at the docs for the SPA2000. I did click on the "administrator" logon and select "advanced view." I found a section called "regional" that seemed to clarify how to turn on/off the call features like call forward all, caller ID bloc, etc. Looking in the front of an old phone book explained how to use the features --- Like I said, I'm not a power user when it comes to phones! Who know that "regional" had anything to do with distinctive ring or voice mail!

Reply to
Vox Humana

Have you seen this?

formatting link
and in general:

formatting link
Also, Voxilla has a useful configuration wizard:

formatting link
Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Yes, I think I have that somewhere...maybe printed?

The info I want is mostly about creating configuration files for automatic updates of Sipura devices. I configure my devices using a simple script (which uses the HTML forms over HTTP) but I'd like to be able to reconfigure those devices (which I can't reach if they're behind NAT) by simply uploading a new configuration file to an HTTP server.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.