Linksys WRT54G as a repeater or print server?

Hi all,

I have a Linksys WRT54G connected to my ntl cable service which is paid for by my eployer, and have just had word in the last week from them that they have begun to realise that most of its home-working employees use the internet for leisure use as well as their work, and so, are pushing everyone onto a single contract ADSL ISP. This means, unless I can use my current router on the ADSL modem, I have to buy a seperate ADSL router. Is there any way I can use the WRT54G as a repeater or a print server?

Cheers,

Neil

Reply to
Neil Barras
Loading thread data ...

I think you're going to have to buy the ADSL router.

You can turn the 54g into a wire/wireless switch and plug it into the ADSL router. Wire and wireless computers can use the 54G as a switch and the ADSL router will be the gateway device. You can plug a standalone print server into the 54g too. If you set it up right machines conneded to both routers can share resources.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.