Linksys WRT54 G or GS - QOS Question?

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router. I currently have Alchemy 1.0 firmware running on it. I was looking into DD-WRT firmware, because I heard it was very good for QOS. My problem is, I cannot find how to do exactly what I want. I want to be able to limit or shape the bandwidth PER PORT. For example, if I have a 4 MBit / sec download connection, I want to set a hard limit on say port 2 of the router to 1 MBit only. So therefore, any/all computers connected behind port 2 (via switch), would be limited to a combined total of 1 MBit at all times. From my research into this topic, all I have heard of is a command called 'tc'. I tried to look at some of the information about it, but it was a little over my head. I suppose there would be a script I could setup that could execute the tc command to do what I wanted, but I don't know what that would look like. If anyone could possibly help me with this, I would really appreciate it. I would suspect it would probably only be a few line script. Thanks again.

stevo

Reply to
stevob
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.