Linksys WLAN Monitor program problems

I have two Win2K computers using Linksys WUSB54 wireless access points on my wireless network. Both computers have the updated WLAN Monitor program v. 2.0 running (which basically corrected the memory leak problem I was having.)

I now have noticed two problems with this program which are causing me a bit of a headache.

1). I can not delete the DEFAULT Profile in the program. This would not normally be a problem, but the DEFAULT program doesn't contain the correct information for my wireless connection, so I operate on a 2nd profile. Everytime I reboot the computer, I have to manually re-connect to my second profile.

2) I realize I could just EDIT the DEFAULT Profile to contain my required information, but that doesn't work. Soon as I get midway through the EDIT process, the WLAN progarm just closes suddenly and restarts itself, without holding the information I was trying to enter, nor allowing me to finish the entry process.

Anyone heard of these issues? I did a fairly quick check on LinksysInfo.org forums but didn't find any subject containing these questions.

Ed

Reply to
Ed
Loading thread data ...

I don't have info about your specific problem but thought I'd pass this along. Once you have started the WLAN monitor program and connected to your network / Internet... you no longer need to have that program running. I am using the WLAN monitor on a WinME machine with a WMP54GS card. I had a lot of problems with the original WLAN monitor 1.1 and memory leaks and high resource usage. I downloaded ver 1.25 (latest for my card) and it "seemed" to fix the memory leaks but the resource usage was even higher. Up to 20% system resources on my WinME. So by trial and error I discovered that I could quit the program and stay connected. I went back to using version 1.1 to establish the connection and use Cnt Alt Del to "end task". Version 1.1 ends more gracefully than 1.25 for me. Reviewing my notes I see that I had a problem connecting the first time I used the 1.25 version and the fix was to "EDIT" the "default profile" but make no changes. Choose edit and immediately save. Why not give this a try with your Win2K machines. Maybe after doing this you WILL be able to really edit the profile.

Reply to
DanR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.