Linksys Wireless Card Issue

I just got a Linksys WPC54GS wireless card for my Win XP Pro notebook. The router is a one-year old Linksys WRT54G. The new card works great, except when I go to My Network Places and try to share files with other (wired) computers on my home network. I can usually share files with my Win 95a desktop and a Win 98 desktop. Only once have I been able to access files on my Win XP Pro desktop. I cannot access files on my notebook from any of the other computers, although I can see my notebook from the other computer. The router is set to Mixed, since I have a WiFi wireless

802.11.b PDA. WEP is not currently enabled. I have no problem accessing the internet. Speeds are from 2.3 mb to 2.8 mb on a Charter Pipeline cable modem. The error message I get when clicking on a network drive is: "\\\\Xphome\\c is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resours. Contact the administrator of this server to see if you have access permissions. The network path was not found". When I put my old SMC wireless card back, I can access files on all my home computers with no problem.

Is there some setting that may not be right on the WPC54GS card?

Thanks! Scott

Reply to
Scott
Loading thread data ...

Problem solved! It turns out that under Zone Alarm's-- Security / Advanced tab, I neglected to put a checkmark in the box next to "Linksys Wireless G Notebook Adapter" to allow the wireless card to pass through the firewall. I feel rather dumb...but relieved that the solution was that simple.

Scott

Scott wrote:

Reply to
Scott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.