Linksys setup product website?

As you can see from the title of this post I can't even remember what these pages are called, but a while back there was a post about a website where you could check the different setup pages for linksys products. I think Jeff L posted about it not working. Can someone post the link please? Thanks

alien

Reply to
alien
Loading thread data ...

"alien" hath wroth:

It was broken for about 2 weeks, all of which I spent trying convince Linksys that it was their site, that it was important, that it only failed outside their firewall, and that it was their mistake. |

formatting link
For Dlink, see: |
formatting link
WRT54G DD-WRT v23 emulator: |
formatting link
Speedstream 5100B DSL modem emulator (currently offline): |
formatting link
Nothing for Netgear, Buffalo, SMC, etc... If you know of any that I missed, I would be interested.

I you happen to speak to the marketing people, you might mention that such online emulators are *VERY* useful in showing the customer what they're buying, how the features work, for user configuration help, and for support. Methinks that literally *ALL* products that have web configuration interfaces should have online emulators available.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I have a WRT54G V4 with DD-WRT and I'm trying to help a friend with a Slingbox. I set it up at my house and tested it at work. It worked just fine. I brought it over to his house along with a WRT54GS V6 and his new Dell E1705 that I dejunked. We hooked up everything to his Insight cable modem and tested the Slingbox over the LAN and it worked fine. But now when I try to hook to it over the Internet it's a no go. I think I might have overlooked the upnp toggle and wasn't sure where it was. I'll have to try to fix this with him over the phone and as I just gave him and his wife their first mouse lesson the other day I really needed the exact config page he'll be seeing. I'm rambling. Thanks Jeff.

alien

Reply to
alien

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.