Kind of a wireless relay???

Hi to all,

I am not familiar with all the networking terminology but I am looking for a particular piece of hardware. I would like to know if a wireless receiver exists that I can plug into the wan port of my router (then lan the internet signal to other computer). "Compatible Bluetooth and does it matter?" I know my wireless connection receives fine with my mac wireless integrated bluetooth card. I would like to take this wireless incoming signal and route it to all my other computers. I don't have a dedicated computer I can use for receiving and then route. Most of the wireless router I find are only emitting a signal to computers and they need to be physically lined to the outside main connection.

My main connection is on the first floor of a two story house. I don't want to make holes in my floor and I don't want to pay for many pci wireless cards, one for each computer... I just want I kind of wireless relay...

Thank you in advance for your time and concern,

olivier henley

Reply to
zeta_n
Loading thread data ...

Thats sounds like a Wireless Bridge.

Reply to
CWatters

While he is asking for a bridge, does anyone have any recommendations on good ones? I've been having problems with the WET11 (see my other post) and am looking for something to do some wireless bridging to other rooms in the house.

thanks, K

Reply to
Kevin T. Neely

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:46:43 -0500, "Kevin T. Neely" wrote in :

D-Link DWL-2100AP

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.