Intermittent Internet down - possible solutions?

I have U-verse 75mbps Internet and every 10-20 days, I completely lose internet access. The only remedy is to reboot every device (gateway, air tie extenders and most devices) AT&T has been out a couple of times, replaced the Pace gateway, and thoroughly checked the lines. Here's where I think the problem lies: I am building a smart home and therefore have 39 Wi-Fi devices connected. They are: wall switches, outlets, bulbs, Google home minis, thermostat, 2 laptops, desktop PC, tablet, 2 Android phones, 3 Roku streaming players and more. The last tech that came said that my line speed is enough to handle those devices. However, most connect at 2.4 ghz because the bulbs and switches do not make use of the 5ghz band. I think that even though my gateway should in theory handle all of them, I have a feeling that there are intermittent data crashes which mess up everything. Now, I do have an unused dual band Netgear router which, connected as router behind router, may help solve the problem. However, setting it up with DHCP and a separate IP addressing scheme may create more problems as all of these devices must be able to see each other. Should I put the Netgear router in bridge mode or use it as a repeater? This is a weak area of my expertise. If there is a good solution using this additional router, I also need a link to step by step instructions on how to configure everything as I don't want to crash the whole system... I'd be left in the dark...literally ?LOL? Thanks in advance for any advice. Miaclockman

Reply to
Jeffrey S
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.