how it works?

i would like to make a small security video system for my house: i was thinking to buy 2-3 wireless web cam to monitor all, since my house is not so big.

I have not such a big experience with webcams, however ready to learn all i need.

What i would like to do is this: check in real time while working if all is ok at home. So, from my office, or anywehere i have an internet connection, i'd like to monitor my little house.

At the moment, i have a 6 Mbps internet connection (Comcast) with a Belkin wireless router (comes with 4 eth ports).

I'd rather to get the camera in color, but if it's black & white is fine.

Thanks to all

Reply to
Vinnie
Loading thread data ...

I had a client that I installed a D-Link 5300G wireless in his business at work and he would monitor it while on the road.

Take a look at the site.

formatting link
formatting link
Danny,

Reply to
Danny Kile

On 12 Apr 2007 05:47:46 -0700, "Vinnie" wrote in :

Webcams are readily available and will do what you want. Since you're on Comcast, you'll need to use a "dynamic DNS" service to access your home network reliably from the Internet, ideally one that's supported by your home network router.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.