GPRS

Is this the right forum to ask questions on this subject or is there another group dedicated to this?

Many thanks

Reply to
Keith (Southend)
Loading thread data ...

Since it looks like you are UK based a good choice is uk.telecom.mobile

- just post your GPRS question, details of the network you use, handset, etc.

Reply to
Wireless Reader

Thanks, but no one replied on there :-(

I'll post here the same message, it may mean something to someone.

I wonder if someone can help me here?

I have an 'acer' notebook with usb, wi-fi, fast LAN etc. I have successfully got it working through the LAN and Wi-fi set up I have, but for a more mobile use I was hoping to link it up to my Samsung S300 mobile phone that has GPRS. I have a data to usb cable to connect the two together and this cable is connected to port COM4.

Initially I could not find a Modem to connect to, looking at the Device Manager the one installed was a Agere Systems AC'97 Modem. No correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought I'd need another Modem (software). SO I went to the Samsung site and downloaded...

SGH-S300 Internet Access II (ver.1.0)

formatting link
I have gone through the 'Add Hardware' etc and also seperately gone to the Network Wizard, however when I try to dial into o2 *99# I get the following...

"Error 692: There was hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device)"

This is when I try to connect to O2 through the data cable to my Samsung S300.

"Samsung GPRS Modem" is the modem now listed in Device manager after installing the software above, this also is at port COM4.

When looking at the device it states it is working properly. One thing I can't get to work is 'Query Modem', it can not find anything so I don't get any of those 'Command / Responses'.

"Communicating with the modem..... then Error: The modem failed to respond. Make sure it is properly connected and turned on. If it is an internal modem or is connected, verify that the interrupt for the port is set properly.

Has anyone got any ideas as to where I maybe going wrong etc?

Thanks

Reply to
Keith (Southend)

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.