fleshing trendnet TEW-510

Hy,

I need some help with Trendnet TEW-510APB (fw:1.1.21). Is it possible to upload some firmware from Dlink AP, like DWL-7100AP. Has anyone tried to do this. I want to use my TEW-510APB in repeater mode only for

802.11b/g network and I have problems with it. This is what I want to do. On one side I have ADSL router Siemens Gigaset SE555 that is working in repeater mode. I want to connect to it with TEW-510APB from another location where I have outside antenna attached to one connector and regular omni antenna on the other connector and I need wireless connection from my notebook trough TEW-510APB and SE555 to the internet.

Thx,

By!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
tata_zd
Loading thread data ...

Why not just connect with a cable for the firmware upload? Anyway, the TEW-510APB - I have one, can't remember the exact firmware version though - does support WDS Access Point/Bridge, AP Client and Repeater modes.

Not here. Why should we?

Which problems?

Surely you mean access point mode?

Like this?

notebook TEW-510APB (in repeater mode) SE555 internet

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

Thanks Axel.

I see that You know how shud I set up my network. Please, can You write me in few words how to do that.

By!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
tata_zd

You also wrote, in your previous posting:

: I want to connect to it with TEW-510APB from another location where I : have outside antenna attached to one connector and regular omni : antenna on the other connector and I need wireless connection from my : notebook trough TEW-510APB and SE555 to the internet.

I'm not sure, but I do not think using two different antennas is such a good idea.

What are the distances between:

notebook TEW-510APB (in repeater mode) SE555

-?

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

Hy Axel,

The distance from notebook to TEW-510 is in range of 20 meters, but TEW-510 is 50-60 meters from SE555. I must use outside panel antenna to have better connection between TEW-510 and SE555, because I do not have LOS between this two device.

Thx,

By!

formatting link

Reply to
tata_zd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.