DLink DWL-900 -- Reset admin PW?

Hi,

I have a DWL-900 (not +) which I haven't used for over a year. I now would like to put it to use, but can't recall the admin PW I set it up with (or at least, IT isn't recognizing the PW I'm *SURE* I used. ;)

The DLink site says that I have to send it back to them... which almost doesn't seem worth the trouble to me.

Does anyon know if there is there a way of resetting it to factory defaults if I crack it open?

Reply to
Jon Kelly
Loading thread data ...

This is just a guess, but it wouldn't cost much to try this. If you go to D-link's website, they have two revs of firmware for this device. Download both, and load a different version than what you think you have on the device. Then (hopefully) it may have reset the device to factory settings. If that doesn't work, then load the other rev of firmware. Then try again.

Good Luck

Reply to
gz

Here are the reset instructions from the US website for the DWL-900AP (hope that is what you are talking about)

The only way to reset the DWL-900 to default settings is to run the SNMP Utility.

Step 1 Go to Start > Programs > D-Link Wireless Access Point > SNMP Utility.

Step 2 Click Search and your DWL-900 will show up in list. Click on DWL-900 and click Setup.

Step 3 If prompted for password, enter it.

Step 4 Click on System tab.

Step 5 Click Load Default button and this will reset the DWL-900 to factory settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

formatting link

Reply to
drriff

My bad - That doesn't help with your password dilemma.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to
drriff

Try pressing and holding the RESET button for 10+ Seconds. This should reset the device to factory default setting...And, it should RESET the Admin PW as well.

I know that this works with a DWL-700AP.

AJC

: > I have a DWL-900 (not +) which I haven't used for over a year. I now : > would : > like to put it to use, but can't recall the admin PW I set it up with (or : > at least, IT isn't recognizing the PW I'm *SURE* I used. ;) : >

: > The DLink site says that I have to send it back to them... which almost : > doesn't seem worth the trouble to me. : >

: > Does anyon know if there is there a way of resetting it to factory : > defaults : > if I crack it open? : :

Reply to
AR15

Ouch...The DWL-900AP has no physical RESET button!

Go to D-Links site...Go to Support and email them with the question. There must be a way to reset the device to Factory defaults.

AJC

: > I have a DWL-900 (not +) which I haven't used for over a year. I now : > would : > like to put it to use, but can't recall the admin PW I set it up with (or : > at least, IT isn't recognizing the PW I'm *SURE* I used. ;) : >

: > The DLink site says that I have to send it back to them... which almost : > doesn't seem worth the trouble to me. : >

: > Does anyon know if there is there a way of resetting it to factory : > defaults : > if I crack it open? : :

Reply to
AR15

Yeah... the only way DLink states it can be done is by RMA'ing the unit (sending it back to them for service).

Well thanks to all who responded... looks like I am forced to bite the bullet and send it to DLink.

-jk

"AR15" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Reply to
MagaDog

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.