displaying default page when connecting to wireless lan router - howto?

Hi, When connecting to commercial wifi-providers one is often transferred to a login-page on the browser. How ist this done technically? How can I transfer people logging in to my wlan-router to a startoff page, regardless of url they are entering in the browser? thanks, stephan

Reply to
steph
Loading thread data ...

Answered over in alt.comp.networking.routers. Please, next time just crosspost (if you need to) rather than making multiple separate posts.

Reply to
Char Jackson

BTW - just a clarification - as you will see from the URL - the "hotspot package" is a feature of some alternate firmware offerings that get loaded into your WAP in place of the vendor supplied firmware.

Some high end commercial WAP products have this capability since they are built for this purpose out of the box, but not true for the majority of the WAPs you find in the big box stores.

Reply to
ps56k

Yeah, sorry. But after posting to the other group it came to my mind that this group probably was better fit for my question. Thanks for the quick answer.

Reply to
steph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.