compusa/edimax WDS mode

Hi everyone,

Has anyone succeded in having these routers work in WDS mode? I failed and could not find any manual/tutorial even on edimax's website.

Say AP1 is 192.168.0.10 and AP2 is 192.168.2.1, how should I configure each of them? I would like AP1 and AP2 to sreve wired and wireless devices while having the WDS on.

Thanks,

Yosi

Reply to
yosi.keller
Loading thread data ...

This is definitely doable. In the wireless configuration section on both units, set the mode to APBridge - WDS. The MAC Address 1 on one unit needs to point to the Wireless MAC address on the other unit and vis versa. You can find out the MAC address on each unit by looking on the Device Status page.

One of your problems is that you have the two IP addresses on different subnets. In WDS mode, these units operate as bridges, so each unit should have a unique IP address on the same subnet. (i.e. 192.168.0.10 and

192.168.0.11). Make sure that the DHCP server is only turned on on the router connected to the internet. On the other unit DHCP needs to be disabled.

Make sure everything works without enabling WEP first. Then you can enable WEP. Note: I vaguely recall reading somewhere that WDS doesn't work with WPA.

Hope this helps, Mike Schumann

P.S. These are great routers. The firmware is absolutely rock solid!

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.